Tuesday, November 3, 2009

150 Days in Ghana

Sue and I will be in Kumasi, Ghana from December 28th to June 1st, living on the campus of Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST). We have been busy learning the local language, Asante Twi (pronounced, "chree") with a very amicable Ghanaian named Kofi Agbodzie.

One of the names Ghanaians use refers to the day of the week they were born. Sue's Ashanti name is Akua (eh - que [as in "queen"] - ah), and meye (I am) Akwabena (accent on the "kwa") but freme (call me) Bobo (I'll use that name with the kids).

I created a gallery at a Kodak site that has a number of photos from our 2004 trip to Ghana. If you would like to see the images, and there are some great ones, please click on the link below

2004 Ghana photos

or copy this entire URL into your browser:

http://www.kodakgallery.com/gallery/creativeapps/slideShow/Main.jsp?token=694154989406%3A1696049571

Let me know if there are any problems and watch for blog updates soon.

-DHM

7 comments:

  1. Have a great trip! Looking forward to the travel log...
    -Butch

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be following this adventure. As I told you when we met this is one of the places I really want to go to. So I hope to learn from this and keep an eye on people that may be interested in knowing a Mexican like me over there! Have the best trip ever! Rodrigo Sigal

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a fabulous time and a great new year's celebration there! look forward to reading your blogs and seeing your photos and i'll be sure to keep mom updated, too.
    xoxoxoxxoxo
    what a wonderful adventure and opportunity!
    xoxxoxo
    nome

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best wishes to you both, travel safely, be happy, come back fulfilled. We had a great vacation with the kids and we look forward to reading about all your adventures! Deb & Dennis

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was glad to hear that you arrived safely. Looking forward to more of your impressions.
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Many institutions limit access to their online information. Making this information available will be an asset to all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Den and Sue, Thanks for the card and for alerting us about this amazing sojourn you're having. We'd love to hear more about it when you return sometime over the summer. Much love to all!

    fran and bob from H20town

    ReplyDelete